Monday 26 October 2009

Zombieland!

Sunday, I decided to head to Docklands to try out the Docklands Light Railway. Yep, I know how to live, don't I......

I was aware an autograph/gamers show was on at the ExCel Centre, and hadn't done that one before.. Quite a culture shock, I can tell you.

There are a few shows I've done where you get the odd person dressed up as A Character from A Comic or Computer Game. It's called Cosplay. Can't really see the point but hey.. Usually it Star Trek, The Next Generation, or Stormtroopers, or Lara Croft. There have been occasions where armed Police had been called out because some member of the Public had been alarmed by a guy in dark suit, shades, and carrying two rather large hand guns, thought walking round a open, public shopping space was a good idea, because hey, he's Agent Smith from The Matrix Trilogy, and EVERYBODY knows who that is, right? Old Grannies etc?

This time, those dressed as Storm Troopers, Darth Vader etc were swamped by Manga (ie Japanese) comic characters. Full-on costumes, hair-dye, wooden weaponry.. everywhere..

Two guys walked round connected by a chain, eventually I asked one, who to me looked like a wolf/Balrog cross. Apparently his costume was some character that was a demonic creation from some level of a version of Final Fantasy. How silly of me not to know! His friend came as a wolf. Didn't ask, buy it hopefully was too obvious...

One person came as a banana. Another, as Hello Kitty.

I followed into the centre, a guy dressed as Morpheus, from the Matrix Trilogy. Black leather coat, bald as a coot, armless glasses, the lot.. VERY cool. Later saw him and a Neo posing for a professional photographer. They also had The Mother Alien from the Alien movies. He's quite common. There was also another guy dressed as an Alien with a more pronounced dome of his head. There was also a Predator. I might post shots of them later.

Another bunch I shot was of Power Rangers, with an absolutely amazing Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer version). There was also a Halle Berry version of Catwoman. No signs of Eartha Kitt-style Catwoman, but that WOULD be expecting.. Or Julie Neumar.

No comments:

Post a Comment