Sunday 8 November 2009

In memorium



Today it's Remembrance Sunday over here in old Blightey. I believe our tranatlantic cousins celebrate Veterans Day tomorrow.

Calendar wise its the anniversary of my fleeing to Grantham A&E with a temp of 40.6C, and the start of my stays in the local hospitals..

This morning I watched The Queen and family do their thing at the Cenotaph. This afternoon, I did my bit at All Saints, Oakham. Higher up the guest list were Oakham's great, good and members of Parliament.

The service started at 2.30pm. There was a small band of onlookers, as well as various service personnel dotted around. Apparently most were there as detail for the Cottesmore base commander. I did get some group shots, but they've not come out too great.

After the service, they all troop out the Church, and lay their wreaths on the memorial outside. The base commander then goes to a dais down by the market square, and the cadets and regulars march past. If I'm around next year, I should have my better telephoto lens with me. I used my old zoom, which doesn't have stabiliser on it.. Now I see how much it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment